This two-days training course is certified by the National Safety Council (NSC), and it provides key understanding, skills and techniques to avoid collisions, reduce traffic violations and change driver behaviors and attitudes.
Participants will acquire the basic knowledge and techniques to recognize potential hazards and avoid collisions and violation. The course will motivate them to change their behind the-wheel behaviors and attitudes. Attendees will learn coping techniques for dealing with speeding, distracted driving, impaired driving, and hazardous traffic conditions and more. The result will be a more responsible driver who understands best practices to prevent injury and death while driving a motor vehicle.
It is supplemented with a practical day (NSC – DDC 1-on-1) to provide optimum benefit to the attendee.
- Defensive driving techniques
- Hazard recognition
- How to avoid a collision, with case study scenarios
- How driver behavior and mental conditions affect safe driving
- Crash impact on passengers
- The “Fatal Four” causes of crashes
- Driving skills inventory and assessment
- Emotional impairment, common driving irritations, and “pet peeves”
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Fatigue and drowsy driving
- Vehicle maintenance and pre-trip inspection
- Wheels and tires
- Local Driving Culture
- Practical Training and Assessment
This popular course is suitable for anyone who knows how to drive a vehicle. It is designed for drivers, fleet supervisors, company employees, and HSE managers.